Daniels Hall
3 College Circle

Constructed in 1891, Daniels Hall was named for noted Victorian architect Cuthbert Daniels, who designed this building and many of the other structures on Greyson's original campus. Like most of the university's oldest buildings, the four-story hall is constructed in accordance with the principles of sacred geometry, and down to the last brick, it is designed to appeal to the artist and craftsman on a deep, visceral level. Most of this effort, of course, is wasted on the present crop of undergraduates, but many students and faculty do report that inspiration seems to come somewhat easier within the walls of this building.

Currently, Daniels Hall houses the offices and classrooms associated with the Departments of Architecture, Engineering and History of Art. Because the building also contains the university's onsite kilns, metal shop and wood shop, it's often used as an annex of the Department of Studio Arts, as well. In addition to the four brick-clad stories that sit above ground, Daniels Hall also features a surprisingly well designed and ventilated basement that extends somewhat beyond the footprint of the building above.